MISCP, M. Tech (Safety & Ergonomics), Grad Dip Healthcare (Acupuncture)
Mary graduated from UCD in 1984 and has worked in Ireland, Australia, Canada as well as voluntary work in India and Armenia gaining experience in many fields of physiotherapy. She has specialised in musculo skeletal work with an emphasis on sport, rehabilitation and maximising people’s ability to lead their lives to an optimum. She completed a Masters in Safety and Ergonomics in University of Limerick (1997) and in 2001 completed a graduate diploma in Acupuncture in UCD.
Notable sports involvements include:
- Volunteer Physiotherapist in London Olympics 2012
- Irish Women’s Hockey Team 1994-1997
- IRFU Connacht Senior Team 1993-2001
- IRFU U-21 Mens Team 1997-2001
- Galway Co Football and Hurling Teams 1995-1997, 2000-2002
- Mayo Co Football Team 2006-2010
- Croi Marathon Teams 2001-2011
- Academic committee member and lecturer NUIG Masters in Sports Physiotherapy and Medicine 2005-2010
Mary was awarded the title of Clinical Specialist in Sports Physiotherapy by ISCP in 2010
A member of Mayo Mountain Rescue Team, Mary is also a faculty member of WEMSI International (Wilderness Emergency Medical Science Institute)
Mary is a keen hillwalker and climber, and has hiked in Europe, North and South America. She is also a runner and has taken part in adventure races and marathons.